Thursday, August 21, 2014

Monday 11 August 2014 Manougian hair salon, remodel Na'amat, Oasis farewell dinner

One of the hard things about moving to a new area is to find someone to cut your hair.  I was referred to an Armenian stylist on  Salah Edin Street just north of Damascus Gate. Chris Manougian and his father run the shop.  Chris' wife is a member of the church but is not allowed to come.

Chris was not in the shop so his father cut my hair.  I think I actually like him better.  The cost is $45.00, about twice what I pay in Utah.




Na'Amat is a Jewish organization that provides low income families with day care.  They service both Palestinians and Jews.  BYU is helping them with a bathroom remodel.  Blaine and I stopped to see the progress of the project.
  
That evening was the farewell dinner for the faculty that was leaving the JC.  The cooks are great.
 

Ahmad Saheen in the head chef.


Everything is always displayed so nicely.

We dished up our plates in the Oasis and then ate in the students' common area.  Belnaps, Woods,and Seelys are all leaving.  The next farewell dinner will be ours in Feb. 2015.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment