Thursday, August 21, 2014

Wednesday 13 August 2014 Tours at the Jerusalem Center

Blaine and I give tours on Wed., Thurs., and Friday. Most of the people are Jewish and from Israel.  Blaine gives a very good tour and the tourists are very responsive and appreciative.
 

Here Blaine is showing the mosaics from the Byzantine period.
 
Blaine is explaining about the mosaics.  They were found near Beer Sheba which is south of Jerusalem.  They date back to the Byzantine period which is between 300-600 CE and have a picture of an animal in each mosaic.  They were the border of a floor discovered in a Bedouin market place.
 
There is also an art museum with art exhibits that change every few months.

Wed. Aug. 13, the students and faculty left to go home.  It was especially hard to say good-bye to the Belnap family.  They lived just below us and have been family to us.  Sam, Jack, Erin, Linda, and Emma.  Belnaps are in our AF ward so we will see them in 6 months.  Dan taught Old and New Testament and let me come to his class whenever I could.


Erin has been my RS Sec., taught school at Silwan with me, and especially was and will continue to be a dear friend.
 
The bus leaves with lots of mixed emotions.


Overlooking Jerusalem from the JC.


The view from our apartment at night.  This is what I look at each night before I go to bed.  I still pinch myself to make sure it is real.



No comments:

Post a Comment